In an effort to continually provide efficient, reliable service to our customers, SJWD is beginning to install advanced metering systems that transfer data wirelessly.
Advanced metering systems are quickly becoming the standard for utilities across the country. In an effort to better serve our customers, SJWD is upgrading to this technology — one of the first water utilities in the Upstate to do so.
These meters offer a number of benefits for both SJWD and our customers, including more detailed water usage information and the ability to address issues, such as leaks, more quickly and effectively. These new meters allow SJWD to operate more effectively and pass on benefits to customers, including the following:
- Improved customer service and support
- Fewer estimated bills
- Detailed hourly usage data
- Data to help resolve billings and usage questions
- Faster service for customers who open and close accounts
- Reduced operating costs
- Better data allowing staff to plan, construct and optimize the water distribution system